While pursuing the priorities outlined in the Golden Valley Strategic Plan, I will give particular attention to the following goals:
- Incorporate key aspects of a climate action plan into the City of Golden Valley Comprehensive Plan-2040 (due to the Metropolitan Council in December, 2018).
- Ensure integrated, affordable workforce and senior housing is provided in future housing developments and redevelopments.
- Establish community gardens in public spaces to encourage neighborhood organic food production.
- Increase the minimum legal age for the purchase of tobacco products including, e-cigarettes, to 21 years. (Research has shown this action will reduce the likelihood that teenagers will start smoking or have a lifetime of tobacco addiction and related health problems).
- Promote multi-modal linkages between the Golden Valley Road Light Rail Transit station and the greater Golden Valley community.
- Target development and redevelopment of commercial and retail corridors to meet resident needs, grow jobs and the city’s tax base.